Warning: what you are about to read will make little sense

Warning: what you are about to read will make little sense

Thursday 1 March 2012

A Random Stand Up: Zack Galifianakis

As I'm still looking into unknown awesome stand ups here's a post to keep your interest as I sort it out. I'm pretty sure everyone at this point has seen either The Hangover, The Hangover Part 2 or even very lately The Muppets. So everyone should know Zack Galfinanakis for his movie roles as either his roles as Alan or Hobo Joe. But my post is going to be about his stand up. Yeh he's bloody hilarious during films and he provided me one of my biggest laughs during The Muppets just by saying one line. He's bloody hilarious and a good comedy actor. Yet only the other day I found out about his stand up so here's some of it


I will admit this made be bloody laugh specially the first bit a pre planned venue special opener is always good. Also a point I would like to make is usually I'm not a fan of dead pan a person's lack of reaction annoys me. This is mainly because I am very emotive and have the humour of a 12 year old so dead pan is physically impossible for me. Evidence that earlier today on a white board in a seminar someone had wrote in the corner where no one could notice "chinos + Period = expensive dry clean". I was at this point I was struggling to hold in the laughter and then I noticed someone had also just written 2 words on the other side which were "Pedo Pope" this finished me off and I just started laughing in the middle of my seminar. But I do respect people who can do dead pan but it can annoy me with the lack of reaction you get. But Zack does it in a way I love. It's more of a confused where the hell am I dead pan rather than the standard just no emotion. It's less he doesn't have emotion's it's more he doesn't have a clue what their are and that there's a large chance he may be off his tits type of act. He has mastered the creepy vibe which is shown in his show Between Two Ferns which is basically a chat show hosted by him where he is rather awkward and is set between 2 fern plants. Also thank you which ever friend told me about that show I cannot remember who it was but it highly amused me. He also does a bit of music based comedy as well but I don't know much about that so I recommend looking into it yourselves. My only complaint that in this video he is reading his stuff off a sheet but that isn't too bad in other video's he doesn't just difficult to find one with good sound and this is best I got. Oh and my other complaint is how fucking hard it is to spell his name. As proven in other posts my spelling is shit and his surname is basically taunting me.
                    Well I think Zack is a good stand up but his break into films and how popular he got from The Hangover over shadowed his stand up career. I recommend people have a look at his stuff as it's pretty good. I personally hope he continues to do more stand up as I would love to see more from him. He has the hobo act down an act I may have to do soon if I don't get round to shaving. If I don't shave and have a hair cut soon I will end up looking like a fusion between a hippie and a hill billy  (a hipilly?) with being welsh thrown in. Now that's all for this don't forget to comment below and like/follow. Like I said in the last post I'm going to start doing posts about comedians so any suggestions please post them below and I will look into them.

The Human Jester

No comments:

Post a Comment